kemibe carbo backlash

"off topic" - בלבולי מוח שאינם קשורים לריצה
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shohat
הודעות: 5010
הצטרף: 01 ינואר 1970 03:00
יצירת קשר:

kemibe carbo backlash

הודעהעל ידי shohat » 19 פברואר 2012 15:22

"Wild Oats Markets Inc. is hoping a new campaign will help cut some of the effort out of cutting carbs."Not to sound as though I'm losing my cherished idealism, but this country is absolutely teeming with hopelessly stupid and utterly worthless fucks whose appropriate fate is to be gently placed on powerful, long-armed catapults and flung at unlikely velocities against extremely hard, extremely unyielding surfaces, leaving nothing but adipose-streaked blotches of blood and oozing gristle as mementos of their pointless forays into the animal kingdom.A decade ago we were introduced to Snackwells and an assortment of other fat-free products. The gluttonous and trout-eyed American public dove in with jaws gnashing madly away, surfacing a few dozen pounds later to face the complicated and disheartening fact that fat-free products do not permit consumers to continue resting lazily on their bloated, sessile asses day after day and shovel sweets down their acidly belching maws without fear of physiologic retribution. What followed, of course, was not enlightenment as to the vagaries of basic fucking arithmetic (after all, this isn't Myanmar or Lesotho) but "breakthroughs" such as the Atkins and South Beach diets, wherein carbs rather than fats are targeted as the enemy. Meanwhile, an increasingly fat, strident and entitled public continues to bleat at increasingly insufferable levels about the evils of doctors and their nefarious, Machiavellian studies that suggest that somehow, being 500 pounds overweight is not a good thing. They cry "discrimination" and rant about the unreliability of the BMI, hypocritically waving FIT CAN BE FAT! signs in one chubby paw while filing lawsuits against fast-food joints with the other, somehow skirting the fact that conjoining these endeavors cannot in any way be logically reconciled.It seems absurd beyond fucking comprehension that Hardees could offer a sandwich that derives approximately three-fourths of its 420 calories from saturated fat and tout it as a diet food. Yet the chain is presenting the Low-Carb Thickburger ™ as exactly that. Idiotic? Not really, given the proclivities of its ponderous, slack-jawed target audience, shuffling heavily through shortened lives, avidly cross-eyed and eagerly drooling at the scent of roasting meat basted in high-octane bullshit. I may take a job at Hardees for a spell just to see what fraction of people entering the restaurant are fat people and what fraction of that fraction orders Low-Carb Thickburgers versus its equally inbred brother and sister sandwiches. Then, I'll set about getting myself canned one day by offering customers the chance to lay their pudgy fists on my own personal high-protein-producing thickburger, punctuating such offers with a rabid leer and the exposure of my genitalia, which never asked for any of this madness to enwrap society. It's an increasingly fucked-up world.The obvious bottom line is that people want it all. They want to lay around, eat, and remain thin, and when the latter aim fails miserably owing to the first two, they try to re-formulate reality so as to persist in the hapless notion that everything is just fine.Here's a thought. Say you have a two-minute walk to work across a minefield, with the alternative being a thirty-minute stroll through serene streets. If you live in America you'll surely try to cross that minefield before opting for the more "difficult" path. On your first try, you make it 80% of the way across the field before your toes are blown off. The lesson? Try a different route through the field, of course. Next your left leg is destroyed, then a chunk of your ass, then your right arm. You try a variety of novel methods to negotiate the field: unicycle, pogo stick, skateboard. Each time, your balls or your tits or another few digits or limbs are torn asunder. Finally, a Claymore blows you unpretentiously into eternity, ending your pathetic but admirably stubborn quest.The solution that seems obvious in this case is to stay away from the fucking minefield, period, and take the long way to work. Relish it, even. But in a culture of fatfucks in denial that champions lawsuits against restaurants, the denigration of health professionals, and the inconvenience of climbing a single flight of starts, such a parable might well not suggest anything "obvious" at all - except that there must be a safe way through that damn minefield.May our everloving Creator help us all. As soon as He finishes the last bite of His double-decker pork sandwich, of course. But if I were Him and had a view of the U.S., I would have lost my appetite a long time ago.

1GoR
הודעות: 47
יצירת קשר:

kemibe carbo backlash

הודעהעל ידי 1GoR » 19 פברואר 2012 19:03

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>"Wild Oats Markets Inc. is hoping a new campaign will help cut some of the effort out of cutting carbs."Not to sound as though I'm losing my cherished idealism, but this country is absolutely teeming with hopelessly stupid and utterly worthless fucks whose appropriate fate is to be gently placed on powerful, long-armed catapults and flung at unlikely velocities against extremely hard, extremely unyielding surfaces, leaving nothing but adipose-streaked blotches of blood and oozing gristle as mementos of their pointless forays into the animal kingdom.A decade ago we were introduced to Snackwells and an assortment of other fat-free products. The gluttonous and trout-eyed American public dove in with jaws gnashing madly away, surfacing a few dozen pounds later to face the complicated and disheartening fact that fat-free products do not permit consumers to continue resting lazily on their bloated, sessile asses day after day and shovel sweets down their acidly belching maws without fear of physiologic retribution. What followed, of course, was not enlightenment as to the vagaries of basic fucking arithmetic (after all, this isn't Myanmar or Lesotho) but "breakthroughs" such as the Atkins and South Beach diets, wherein carbs rather than fats are targeted as the enemy. Meanwhile, an increasingly fat, strident and entitled public continues to bleat at increasingly insufferable levels about the evils of doctors and their nefarious, Machiavellian studies that suggest that somehow, being 500 pounds overweight is not a good thing. They cry "discrimination" and rant about the unreliability of the BMI, hypocritically waving FIT CAN BE FAT! signs in one chubby paw while filing lawsuits against fast-food joints with the other, somehow skirting the fact that conjoining these endeavors cannot in any way be logically reconciled.It seems absurd beyond fucking comprehension that Hardees could offer a sandwich that derives approximately three-fourths of its 420 calories from saturated fat and tout it as a diet food. Yet the chain is presenting the Low-Carb Thickburger ™ as exactly that. Idiotic? Not really, given the proclivities of its ponderous, slack-jawed target audience, shuffling heavily through shortened lives, avidly cross-eyed and eagerly drooling at the scent of roasting meat basted in high-octane bullshit. I may take a job at Hardees for a spell just to see what fraction of people entering the restaurant are fat people and what fraction of that fraction orders Low-Carb Thickburgers versus its equally inbred brother and sister sandwiches. Then, I'll set about getting myself canned one day by offering customers the chance to lay their pudgy fists on my own personal high-protein-producing thickburger, punctuating such offers with a rabid leer and the exposure of my genitalia, which never asked for any of this madness to enwrap society. It's an increasingly fucked-up world.The obvious bottom line is that people want it all. They want to lay around, eat, and remain thin, and when the latter aim fails miserably owing to the first two, they try to re-formulate reality so as to persist in the hapless notion that everything is just fine.Here's a thought. Say you have a two-minute walk to work across a minefield, with the alternative being a thirty-minute stroll through serene streets. If you live in America you'll surely try to cross that minefield before opting for the more "difficult" path. On your first try, you make it 80% of the way across the field before your toes are blown off. The lesson? Try a different route through the field, of course. Next your left leg is destroyed, then a chunk of your ass, then your right arm. You try a variety of novel methods to negotiate the field: unicycle, pogo stick, skateboard. Each time, your balls or your tits or another few digits or limbs are torn asunder. Finally, a Claymore blows you unpretentiously into eternity, ending your pathetic but admirably stubborn quest.The solution that seems obvious in this case is to stay away from the fucking minefield, period, and take the long way to work. Relish it, even. But in a culture of fatfucks in denial that champions lawsuits against restaurants, the denigration of health professionals, and the inconvenience of climbing a single flight of starts, such a parable might well not suggest anything "obvious" at all - except that there must be a safe way through that damn minefield.May our everloving Creator help us all. As soon as He finishes the last bite of His double-decker pork sandwich, of course. But if I were Him and had a view of the U.S., I would have lost my appetite a long time ago.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

1GoR
הודעות: 47
יצירת קשר:

kemibe carbo backlash

הודעהעל ידי 1GoR » 19 פברואר 2012 19:06

מה שניסיתי להגיד זה well said, I couldn't say it betterנהנתי והשתעשעתי לקרוא.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

חזור אל “"עוף טופיק" - עוף ואל תחזור”

מי מחובר

משתמשים הגולשים בפורום זה: אין משתמשים רשומים ו־ 4 אורחים